[ITK] [ITK-dev] Versor Transform Only Work with Jacobian Scales Estimator

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 13 10:08:44 EST 2015

Hello,

After experimentation in SimpleITK, I have come to the realization that only the RegistrationParameterScaleFromJacobian is compatible with the Versor based transforms. This is similar to only using the RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizerv4 only correctly normalizing the step for the non-euclidian space. I believe the Index and Physical space don't correctly account for the non-euclidian versor space to the scale estimates are incorrect.

Where should this be documented?

Brad