[ITK] Deformation Field Perturbations

Armstrong, Hirotatsu HIROTATSU.ARMSTRONG at UCDENVER.EDU
Wed Jan 21 13:13:41 EST 2015

Hello,

I would like to add small perturbations to the deformation field computed to ITK.  I create a registration filter through,

                typedef itk::Vector< float, Dimension >                VectorPixelType;
                typedef itk::Image<  VectorPixelType, Dimension >      DisplacementFieldType;
                typedef itk::SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter<
                                                                                                                                InternalImageType,
                                                                                                                                InternalImageType,
                                                                                                                                DisplacementFieldType> RegistrationFilterType;
                RegistrationFilterType::Pointer filter = RegistrationFilterType::New();

                CommandIterationUpdate::Pointer observer = CommandIterationUpdate::New();
                filter->AddObserver( itk::IterationEvent(), observer );
                filter->SetFixedImage( fixedImageCaster->GetOutput() );
                filter->SetMovingImage( matcher->GetOutput() );
                filter->SetNumberOfIterations( iterations );
                filter->SetStandardDeviations( sd );
                filter->SetNumberOfThreads(nprocs);
                filter->Update();

Now, I believe I want to get a pointer to the DVF and an iterator by defining,

DisplacementFieldType* DVF = filter->GetDisplacementField();
ImageIterator it( DVF, DVF->GetRequestedRegion() );

With this iterator, I am not quite sure how to access the x/y/z components of the DVF so that I can update them.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

James Armstrong, Ph.D.
PostDoctoral Fellow, Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology
University of Colorado School of Medicine
1665 Aurora Ct, MS F706
Aurora, CO 80045
720-848-0257