[ITK] tag 0018 | 0088

Todd Jensen todd.jensen at ieee.org
Thu Jul 16 07:52:08 EDT 2015

> From: Jim Qicun Shi
>
> Does anyone know how to re-set 0018 | 0088 tag in DICOM file? I tried the "normal" way ( the way to re-set other tags such as 0018 | 0050 and it is ok to re-set.) to set a value, 0.5, for example, but its value in the output DICOM slices is always 1. Why? If not allow to re-set, may I remove the tag from DICOM file? My original DICOM is short of this tag. I are using ITK 4.7.1.

For a 2D image the itk::GDCMImageIO class will not set the spacing internally. I extended this class to re-write the Write() method to use the value from the spacing value in the meta-data to set the m_Spacing[ 2 ] value.

Regards,

Todd Jensen, PhD
Jensen Informatics LLC
http://www.linkedin.com/in/toddjensen <http://www.linkedin.com/in/toddjensen>