[ITK] [ITK-dev] Size of ITK source package?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 24 13:32:17 EDT 2015

On 03/24/2015 01:24 PM, Matt McCormick wrote:
> Since BUILD_TESTING is currently ON by default, we would want to
> change it to be OFF by default so default options work out-of-the-box.
> This change can be made, but it will require wrangling of dashboard
> build maintainers to add BUILD_TESTING=ON to their CTest scripts.

VTK solves this here:

 https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/45af6f59/CMakeLists.txt#L267-276

BUILD_TESTING defaults to ON in version-controlled trees and
defaults to OFF in tarball-extracted trees unless the data
tarball has been extracted too.  See the commit that added
this behavior here:

 https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/commit/bf5cf3cf8f

-Brad