[ITK] ITK: "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" set?

Audrius Stundzia audrius at tomographix.com
Mon Mar 30 23:29:39 EDT 2015

Hello,

OS: Windows 8.1 x64
CMake: 3.2.1
ITK: 4.7.1
IDE: MS VS 2010 x64

In either ITK Debug or Release build, I'm puzzled by the following:

In CMAKE -> Build -> BUILD_SHARED_LIBS is selected to be "ON" [a check
mark in the check box].

CMake Configure and Generate are run. The build directory and it's
contents are created.

In ../ITK/build/, I check ITKConfig.cmake

and find the following lines 35 and 36:

# Whether ITK was built with shared libraries.
set(ITK_BUILD_SHARED "OFF")

Two questions:

1/ Why the past tense in the comment? At this stage I have not yet run
"BUILD_ALL" in VS 2010 IDE.

2/ Why is ITK_BUILD_SHARED set to "OFF"?
Should it not be set to "ON" given that I have selected
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to be "ON" in CMake.

(Anyways, trying to find a bug in RTK that occurs when linking ITK.) Any
insight would be appreciated.

Audrius