[ITK] [ITK-users] Small gaussian sphere iterator over 3D image

Leslie Solorzano lesolorzanov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:58:32 EDT 2015

Thank you.

I investigated a lot these days and played with different things. I read
the Software guide for ITK 4.7 and found interesting things and I will
leave them here and also give the solution to my problem but in 2D.

Firstly I thought of making the sphere discretization myself and use a
simple ImageIterator as in section 4.1 in the software guide.

Then I got to the spatial objects and I had fun tweaking around with
EllipseSpatialObject and GaussianSpatialObjects and learned how to save
them to an image. SpatialObjects have a pretty neat feature that lets you
calculate simple statistics inside it
using SpatialObjectToImageStatisticsCalculator.

The code that helped me the most is here
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Iterators/ShapedNeighborhoodIterator

I uploaded code I've been playing with here:
https://github.com/zloysmiertniy/itk-arena/blob/master/GaussianToImage.cxx
https://github.com/zloysmiertniy/itk-arena/blob/master/ShapedNeighborhoodIterator.cxx

Finally I guess I will be using ShapedNeighborhoodIterator and change its
location everytime, calculate, and set the value in the output image.
Thankyou very much Matt and Bill for the links.

Leslie