[ITK] [ITK-users] automated splitting and pasting of volumes for use in external programs

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Tue Mar 31 15:10:44 EDT 2015

Dear Matt,

Thanks for Your quick reply. If I got Your hint right, You suggest writing my
own filter (that e.g. does the writing of the chunk to a file) and put an
itkStreamingImageFilter after it supplying it with the # of chunks and the type
of splitter. If I understand the ITK Software Guide correctly, such a filter
needs to be threaded, i.e. have a ThreadedGenerateData.
I tried that with a simple AddFilter that should just add a constant according
to the chunk number to the region it is supposed to process (files attached).
However it stops due to region miss-matches. I can't see why. With just
GenerateData it seems like it is not streaming, according to the
PipelineMonitorImageFilter.
What would be the correct way to go?

Many thanks for looking into this.
Roman