[ITK] Regularizing b-spline deformation in ITKv4

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:39:42 EDT 2015

Hi Andriy,

How are you comparing ITKv3 with ITKv4?  I assume you’re running
ITKv3 through BRAINSFit but how are you running ITKv4?

There are a couple of alternative B-spline methods if you’re interested.
There’s B-spline SyN which is described here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24409140 <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24409140>

and

a Demon’s like B-spline algorithm described here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19171516

which both offer different regularization options that are available in
ITKv4.  However, alternative explicit regularization models, such as
thin plate splines, are not available in ITKv4.

Nick