[ITK] [ITK-dev] BSplineTransform TransformPoint() crash

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Apr 20 10:18:17 EDT 2016

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue and providing a clear example and proposed solution.

In looking at the problematic function[1], I a quite surprised to see that the the signature of the method:
   bool BSplineTransform::InsideValidRegion( ContinuousIndexType & index ) const

Specifically, the argument is not constant and it is being modified by this problematic case.

I am suspicion of the need for this if statement in the method. It appears there may be a deeper issue with how the b-spline is defined over the upper range of the last index. The transform should be valid from (minIdx-0.5, maxIdx+0.5). I am going to also note that this case is not in itkBSPlineDeformableTransform.

Brad

[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/Transform/include/itkBSplineTransform.hxx#L465-L495