[ITK] [ITK-dev] problems with programs crashing -- potentially due to multiple versions of ITK?

Tim Jackson tj.jackson1226 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:43:16 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I've been making programs that use filters from ITK for a couple years
now.  Recently, I downloaded the newest installation of ITK because I
wanted a version that had the SCIFIO module, in order to read Nikon .nd2
images.

Weird things have now started happening with programs that previously had
no problems.  Everything compiles, but programs linked to one version of
ITK crash every time an image reader updates in Release (but not Debug
mode), and programs linked to another version of ITK can read images
successfully, but inevitably crash when another filter updates (for
example, a registration filter).  These programs all run successfully on
other computers that have only one installation of ITK.

I'm guessing that these programs are having linking problems, but I'm not
really sure how to correct it.  I tried deleting every version of ITK I
have on this computer and downloading a new version and starting from
scratch, but that just made everything worse.

In case this information helps, I used CMake 2.8.10.2 and built everything
with Visual Studios 2012.  My older version of ITK was 4.8.1 and my new
version with the SCIFIO module was 4.9.0.

Thanks for your help,
Tim