[ITK] Joint Entropy for Mutual Information

wassim bouzeid abou_zeid_wassim at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:21:00 EDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

I want to compute the normalized mutual information between two images X and Y to be
registered using the joint histograms. For this purpose, I want to compute the joint entropy of the process X with its upper neighbor in the lattice H(X,Xu) and the joint entropy of the process Y in lattice Y with its upper neighbor of its corresponding process in lattice X H(Y,Xu) using the NormalizedMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric Class. This Class computes the histograms by iterating through the bins and not through each image dimensions i, j and k. I have computed the joint entropy of X and Y H(X,Y) but I am not able to go further with computing H(X,Xu) and H(Y,Xu).

Thanks for your help,
Wassim