[ITK] [ITK-dev] itkStaticAssert warnings with clang

Poughon Victor Victor.Poughon at cnes.fr
Mon Jan 4 08:30:43 EST 2016

Hi all,

I think there is an issue in itkStaticAssert causing a large number of warnings (199) when building with clang 3.5.0. Here is a clean dashboard build of the current master branch showing the warnings:
https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=4174833

This was previously discussed on OTB's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/otb-developers/itkStaticAssert/otb-developers/X8Bfvzh8g-A/T9basCNfCAAJ

They are caused by __attribute__(error(str)) being used, which is a GCC specific attribute. I will quote my colleague Luc Hermitte:

> clang defines GCC macros (__GNUC__ & all).
> The #if should also test for !defined(__clang__).

When building with this version of clang:
clang version 3.5.0 (tags/RELEASE_350/final)
Target: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

Happy 2016,

Victor Poughon