[ITK] rewrite the registration metric using CUDA

wu qiu qiu.wu.ch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:39:06 EST 2016

Hi, Matt,
 Thanks for your response.
 Basically, what I am trying to do is to speed up rigid or affine
registration. After investigating ITK registration source code, I found
that there are not too much to do with optimization procedure, or say, too
difficult for me to improve the optimization part.  Speeding up the
calculation of the similarity metric could be a good choice for me. I took
a look at the filter of itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric, and found it is
already multi-thread coded. Do you think it is worth of rewriting it in
CUDA? I don't think I am the first one to come up with this question.
Anyone who did this job could mind to comment?

Cheers,

Wu Qiu, Ph.D
Calgary Stroke program,
the University of Calgary,