[ITK] Translation parameters not obtained properly MultiResImageRegistration3.cxx

wassim bouzeid abou_zeid_wassim at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:27:19 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have a T1.nii image and I am applying to the same image a translation in (X,Y,Z) by (20, 0, 0) mm. Then I am passing these two images (T1.nii and T1transformed.nii) as an input to MultiResImageRegistration3.cxx.

Below is the results that I obtained from this example which shows a translation in Y and Z that I have not applied. When I overlapped the registrated image to T1.nii image, they look perfectly aligned.
 Translation X = 20.0094
 Translation Y = 3.26976
 Translation Z = 9.65584
 Iterations    = 47
 Metric value  = -0.644247

Can anyone explain why I am having this shift in Y and Z, though that my shift is 0 in both direction.

Thanks in advance,
Sam