[ITK] ITK MorphologicalWatershed failed on simple test image

Shawn SA Zhang shawn.sa.zhang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 11:05:51 EDT 2016

Hi Dear fellow ITK/SimpleITK developers,

I encountered a strange issue where the attached simple test image fails in
MorphologicalWatershed filter.

The following python code produces an image with all "1"s, using the
attached input_inv.vtk file.

Import SimpleITK as sitk

input_inv = sitk.ReadImage("input_inv.vtk")

input_watershed = sitk.MorphologicalWatershed(input_inv)

sitk.WriteImage(input_watershed, "input_watershed.vtk")

For quick diagnosis, I attached the visualization of the input_inv.vtk file.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks for your attention
and help!

-Shawn

Independent Image Processing Consultant