[ITK] SimpleITK - Resizing MRI scan with slice thickness and slice gap parameters

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 20 11:12:27 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by you “re-arranged  the coronal scan to be in the axial view”. I hope you did it in a way to preserve the meta-data and the direction cosine matrix. You should be able to do this all in what step with the resample filter.

You need to use the input’s direction matrix for the OutputDirection of the resample filter. Next set the OutputSize, and then correctly calculate the OutputSpacing so that the result has the same physical extent as the input.

If you need further help, perhaps sharing a snip-it of code would help.

HTH,
Brad