[ITK] Community versus Users Lists

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Sat Mar 26 23:22:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

The current situation is not optimal, and it is difficult to keep all
parties involved happy.

- Some people do not want to be bothered to subscribe to more than one
list, be it community, insight-users, or insight-developers.
- Some people on insight-developers do not want to be auto-subscribed
to a different list that has a different amount of traffic.
- There are a number of non-mailman interfaces to the mailing lists
that may not adapt to changes (Nabble, GMane, etc.), and some people
use these interfaces exclusively.

Any change will result in some unhappy campers, but some change may
still be necessary to improve the status quo.

Perhaps we should create a poll distributed to all lists to select a
way forward? Other constructive ideas?

>>> Toby