[ITK] [ITK-dev] installed ITK cannot be moved due to absolute path

Rashad Kanavath mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:27:37 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have some issue when copying ITK install directory to a different system.
I agree this is not usual and may not appear on a linux distro or windows.

My requirement is bit different. I cross-compile ITK and then use the
binaries on Windows. Using dll and headers are fine. But the installed
cmake files are a problem. They have absolute path in
ITK-4.8/Modules/*.cmake files. It is not in all .cmake files even though I
put a wildcard there..

For a easy and quick workaround. I rely on mighty sed command to insert
something into installed cmake file.

For example see this;
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/ITKTargets-release.cmake

set(CMAKE_IMPORT_FILE_VERSION 1)
set(LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX)
get_filename_component(CURRENT_FILE_DIR "${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE}" PATH)
get_filename_component(LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX "${CURRENT_FILE_DIR}" PATH)
get_filename_component(LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX "${LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX}" PATH)
get_filename_component(LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX "${LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX}" PATH)

and at last:

$(SED) -i 's,$(PREFIX)/$(TARGET),\${LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX},g'
'lib/cmake/ITK-$(ITK_VER)/ITKTargets-release.cmake'

I would like to have this patch inside the other .cmake files in the
installation and avoid the sed commands during post-installation

Here is the list of cmake files that needs this change.
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/ITKTargets-release.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKZLIB.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKExpat.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKHDF5.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKJPEG.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKTIFF.cmake
lib/cmake/ITK-4.8/Modules/ITKPNG.cmake

So is it possible to make the change into future version of ITK?

The major issue here is those cmake files are generated by cmake. Is there
a way cmake could use relative path ?

   Rashad