[ITK] [ITK-dev] ITK4.10rc1 SimpleITK VNL error

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 17 10:14:38 EDT 2016

Hello,

On the SimpleITK dashboard with SimpleITK compiled with ITK 4.10rc1 I am getting the following compilation error with VS9 2008[1]:

3>3>------ Build started: Project: itkv3p_netlib, Configuration: MinSizeRel x64 ------
3>4>------ Build started: Project: itksys, Configuration: MinSizeRel x64 ------
3>2>Compiling...
3>4>Compiling...
3>1>Compiling...
3>2>triangle.c
3>1>vcl_deprecated.cxx
3>4>FStream.cxx
3>3>Compiling...
3>3>v3p_netlib_init.c

3>1>c:\d\vs9\simpleitk-build\itk\modules\thirdparty\vnl\src\vxl\vcl\vcl_compiler.h(940) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "Missing definition for SHARED_PTR"

Is this addressed in VNL upstream yet? or should I begin looking into it?

Thanks,
Brad

[1] https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=4368953