[ITK] [ITK-users] Geodesic Active Contour with Shape Guidance Parameters

Timothee Evain tevain at telecom-paristech.fr
Wed May 18 11:40:09 EDT 2016

Hello,

Quote from the ITK book right beside the code snippet that troubles you (at least in my book version, i.e. 4.5):
"Before starting the segmentation process we need to also supply the initial best-fit shape estimate.
In this example, we start with the unrotated mean shape with the initial x- and y- translation
specified through command-line arguments."

So startx and starty are the initial translation (of shape model) parameters that are given as the optimizer initialization.
The other parameters are the rotation and the principal component multipliers as explained earlier in the example.

About the influence, it highly depends on the scale parameters.
If you gave them a high scale value relative to others, they are likely to stay stable during the optimization.

HTH,

Tim