[ITK] Metric Evaluation

Yaniv, Ziv Rafael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] zivrafael.yaniv at nih.gov
Wed May 25 11:41:26 EDT 2016

Hello Wassim,

The following SimpleITK Jupyter notebook may be of interest to you (uses the exhaustive optimizer as an initialization approach): https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/SimpleITK-Notebooks/blob/master/63_Registration_Initialization.ipynb.

Based on your runtime of 5sec I suspect you are not using sampling when computing the metric. Possibly consider random or uniform sampling. There are cases where you can achieve a decent registration using less than 10% of the data.

       hope this helps
              Ziv