[ITK] Bruker Format

Wood, Tobias tobias.wood at kcl.ac.uk
Sat Feb 11 17:21:33 EST 2017

Hi Dzenan,

> In case that NIFTI reader detects it needs to do rescale/slope transformation (in function ReadImageInformation), it says that this->m_ComponentType=FLOAT, no matter what is the real component type on disk. Then Read reads the image data, converts it to float, does rescale/slope transformation in place (float to float).

Thanks so much - I had missed this part. I have copied the NIFTI code, and the rescaling is working now. There are two functions (CastCopy and RescaleFunction) that I have copied & pasted - these could go into a common file somewhere, but I have no idea where is appropriate in the ITK heirarchy.

> On 11/02/2017, 16:18, "Jon Haitz Legarreta" <jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org> wrote:
> Hi Tobias,
> if you are to move the classes out of review/external module, please provide a test (if it does not already exist).
> I can help you if required. You can add me as a reviewer to the gerrit topic.
> Kind regards,
> JON HAITZ

Hi Jon,

There does not appear to be a meaningful test at the moment - only a skeleton file that doesn’t actually test anything. I would like to implement a test but I’m not planning on extending the class to be able to write as well as read Bruker.  I have no use case for this, and I doubt anyone else would either. Hence without checking an actual file into the repo I’m not sure what test would be useful?

I will work on this code more before submitting it to gerrit - there are a lot of corner cases I haven’t implemented yet.

Best wishes,
Toby