[ITK] compiling itk on freebsd, how to flag out ldl?

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Feb 15 06:52:20 EST 2017

It looks like our e-mails crossed last night.

I think you were really close to building building SimpleITK. If your goal is to use the SimpleITK language binding I would recommend continuing to use the SimpleITK superbuild. From your previous message the Superbuild compiled all of ITK, and the SimpleITK libraries, and maybe even the SimpleITK testing too. It just appears to have failed on linking for the Tcl wrapping.

When you do the Superbuild of SimpleITK it automatically downloads the correct version of ITK, and compiles it with the correct options to build with SimpleITK.

My recommendation to to verify that the core SimpleITK libraries are being built correctly and that the SimpleITK testing drivers get linked OK. If this is the case it tells us there is something not right with the way the linking is done for the wrapping and we need to closely look at that command line and the options CMake has.

HTH,
Brad