[ITK] A suggestion to manage code coverage drops

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Jan 17 13:28:38 EST 2017

Hi Jon,

This is a great idea.

We can create coverage metrics with gcov / lcov as in this script:

https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/d125b69c44ac0ed7d61df0252a6b3b054c60df83/Utilities/Maintenance/computeCodeCoverageLocally.sh

and it looks like lcov has a --diff flag:

  http://ltp.sourceforge.net/coverage/lcov/lcov.1.php

A new script (computeCodeCoverageForPatch.sh?) could be created.

We could run this either with every patch or on demand if it is resource
intensive. It may take more effort to figure out a way to post the HTML
output and create a link, but it should be doable.