[ITK] Restricting region size in region growing filter

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:11:00 EDT 2017

Hi Brad,

thanks for your suggestions, I'm new to ITK and they are very useful for me

<blowekamp at mail.nih.gov>:
> - Combine multiple masks. Such a doing a global threshold, then combining it with a mask which limits the size, then run connected components to choose

May I ask you to give a bit more detailed explanations about this
approach? Maybe you
can point me on some existing code which adopts similar approach with
multiple masks?

Am I right that with this approach I will need my input image (single-
or multiband)
and also it is necessary to create additional mask image with some
buffer regions
around seed points. Then I will need to combine input image and mask into single
image, set lower and upper thresholds for each band and run connected components
filter?

Alexander Bruy