[ITK] ImageSeriesReader

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Thu Mar 2 10:24:41 EST 2017

Hello Fijoy,

Yes you can assemble data from a list of 2D images in multiple formats into
one 3D image. Setting the imageIO is not required. If not set by the user
(developer), the factory will automatically find the appropriate IO to use
(if the format is supported). ImageSeriesReader will loop over all images,
and use an ImageFileReader object to read each file. The selection of the
proper IO to use is done in each ImageFileReader object, so your files may
have different formats.

Hope that helps,
Francois