[ITK] Inserting new DICOM tags in MetaDataDictionary

Markus Gramer markus.gramer at kuleuven.be
Tue Mar 7 03:37:41 EST 2017

That does indeed what I want!

Thank you Dženan

From: Dženan Zukić <dzenanz at gmail.com<mailto:dzenanz at gmail.com>>
Date: Monday 6 March 2017 18:54
To: Markus Gramer <Markus.Gramer at kuleuven.be<mailto:Markus.Gramer at kuleuven.be>>
Cc: "community at itk.org<mailto:community at itk.org>" <community at itk.org<mailto:community at itk.org>>
Subject: Re: [ITK] Inserting new DICOM tags in MetaDataDictionary

Hi Markus,

doesn't Set<https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MetaDataDictionary.html#a6c98b23c05798b6b616376ce060774c4> method do what you want?

Regards,
Dženan

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Markus Gramer <markus.gramer at kuleuven.be<mailto:markus.gramer at kuleuven.be>> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to add non-existing DICOM tags to a MetaDataDictionary?

I would like to export an image in Nifti format (pixel data type: float) to a DICOM image series. To do so, I read a reference DICOM image series, modify several tags in the MetaDataDictionaryArray and assign the Nifti image, rescaled to the range of unsigned short, together with the modified meta data to an image series writer.
My idea was to modify the rescale intercept and slope tags (i.e. 0028|1052 and 0028|1053) accordingly so I could approximate the float values of the Nifti input image.
However, some DICOM images don't seem to have the rescale intercept and slope tags, so I cannot modify them with itk::EncapsulateMetaData().

Thanks in advance for any input,

Markus