[ITK] Multiple calls to GetSeriesUIDs()

Fijoy Vadakkumpadan tofijoy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:05:19 EST 2017

Hello,

If I call GDCMSeriesFileNames ::GetSeriesUIDs() multiple times without
changing the directory I'm reading via GDCMSeriesFileNames
::setDirectory(), will the class regenerate the series UIDs vector in every
call by reading data from the directory?

I'm asking because in my application, I'd like to retrieve all images from
a DICOM directory, one series at a time. Specifically, I'd like to write a
function which takes a GDCMSeriesFileNames object and an integer n, and
returns the nth series as an image. If the answer to the question above is
yes, then I need to store copy and store the series UID vector to avoid
repeated disk reads.

Thanks,
--Fijoy