[ITK] Build Error MITK 2016.11: ITK targets not defined

Norbert Martin Lang norbert.lang at live.de
Fri Jan 26 08:03:32 EST 2018

Hello,

I already posted this on the MITK mailing list but still got no answer.
So I will try it here.

I tried to build MITK (v2016.11) from source with external VTK (v8.1.0)
and external ITK (v4.13.0) on Windows 10 with MVSC 15 2017 Win64. ITK,
VTK and Qt is built with the same compiler (and so on) and works fine
running standalone.

Additionaly i added the paths to the .dll's to the Windows system path
before.

So, the MITK build went fine (except for a few warnings) until it
searches for ITK (i suppose it doesnt reached VTK settings); it shows
following error:

>  CMake Error at
C:/VisLibs/ITK4/InsightToolkit-4.13.0-build/ITKTargets.cmake:37 (message):
>  Some (but not all) targets in this export set were already defined.
>  Targets Defined:
> gdcmCommon; gdcmDICT; gdcmDSED; gdcmIOD; gdcmMEXD; gdcmMSFF;
gdcmcharls; gdcmjpeg12; gdcmjpeg16; gdcmjpeg8; hdf5-static; hdf5_cpp-static

>  Targets not yet defined:
>  itkdouble-conversion; itksys; itkvcl; itkv3p_netlib; itktestlib;
itkvnl; itkvnl_algo; itknetlib; ITKVNLInstantiation; ITKCommon;
itkNetlibSlatec; ITKStatistics; ITKTransform; ITKLabelMap; ITKMesh;
itkzlib; ITKMetaIO; ITKSpatialObjects; ITKPath; ITKQuadEdgeMesh;
ITKIOImageBase; ITKOptimizers; ITKPolynomials; ITKBiasCorrection;
ITKBioCell; ITKDICOMParser; ITKEXPAT; ITKIOXML; ITKIOSpatialObjects;
ITKFEM; itkgdcmopenjp2; gdcmsocketxx; ITKznz; ITKniftiio; ITKgiftiio;
GTest::GTest; GTest::Main; ITKIOBMP; ITKIOBioRad; ITKIOBruker; ITKIOCSV;
ITKIOGDCM; ITKIOIPL; ITKIOGE; ITKIOGIPL; ITKIOHDF5; itkjpeg; ITKIOJPEG;
itktiff; ITKIOTIFF; ITKIOLSM; itkminc2 //[... and so on]

>Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  C:/VisLibs/ITK4/InsightToolkit-4.13.0-build/ITKConfig.cmake:64 (include)
>  CMakeLists.txt:758 (find_package)
>

>-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>See also
"C:/VisLibs/MITK2016/MITK-build/MITK-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(171,5):
error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.
>Done building project "MITK-Configure.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

So, somehow it cannot include all the ITK libraries. Path to
ITKConfig.cmake is well set as i see. Any ideas how to solve this? Is
this a problem related to the CMake files of MITK or should i apply some
additional configuration to the ITK build?

Thanks
Norbert