[ITK] The segmentation index in ITK

Thao Ho hothao247 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:30:35 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm a beginner with ITK. and I am researching on segmentation. I tested the
ITK's examples on MRI images and had a few questions:

1. How to know the seed index of different materials (white matter, gray
matter, ventricle)?

2. What is the limit of the indexes (seed index, number of iterations,
multiplier, neighborhood radius, etc.)? I mean: What are the specific rules
for each material?

3. Does Seed index have anything to do with CT number?

4. I'm running a combination of 2 example to extract brain tumors on MRI
images, CT,... And I do not know how to choose these indicators to fit my
image (the most accurate brain tumor extract)…? Example: threshold, minsize
,…
https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/WikiExamples_2ImageProcessing_2ScalarConnectedComponentImageFilter_8cxx-example.html#_a6

and
https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/Examples_2Segmentation_2ConfidenceConnected_8cxx-example.html#_a7

Here are some photos, and I chose these indicators completely random.
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]
Thank you for your help,