[IGSTK-Developers] Re: CVS Commit Messages MUST have a valid BUG: number

Hee-su Kim hkim at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Tue Jun 7 15:46:16 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

Thank you for information.

I created my bugTracker account and a new bug code.

I modified log messages of past revisions I wrote in a wrong way.

to:
---------
BUG: 1911 some compilers couldn't resolve vtk operators in an igstk class
derived from a vtk class. overriding operator<< for the classes derived from
vtk
---------

The solution for this bug in an aspect of PrintSelf() is:

overriding operator<<(ostream&, View&), Print, PrintSelf and ignoring vtk's
definitions.

I used two spaces ("  ") instead of vtkIndent as operator<< for vtkIndent
was not found by some compilers.

I looked into your View class code. You used itk::Indent instead of two
spaces.

The vtk's unnamed namespace might cause compatibility problem to other codes
later.

Adding PrintSelf() to almost every class was trivial but annoying as I had
to check and/or modify almost every IGSTK and Sandbox files. It's about 100.

Then, I had to test them for making sure that they work well on the
multi-platform and multi-development environments.

That was a good practice though.

I realized how useful the Dashboard is and it made me nervous until
eliminating all errors caused by me for the most of builds because closing
the current iteration will be done soon or is already done now.

I'm getting used to CVS and Dashboard usage. I'll ask you if I find
something unknown about IGSTK development.

Is there any other things that I should know?
Some information could prevent possible mistakes.

Thanks,
Hee-Su