[IGSTK-Developers] Iteration 4 requirements

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Jun 16 15:27:42 EDT 2005

Hi Brian,

At the weekly t-con, we finally went over the Iteration 4 requirements
with a fine-tooth comb:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/R2_I4_REQ

I have reworded the requirements, and marked the ones that need to go
into the bug tracker using the following system:
(Confirmed): agreed upon, needs to go into the bug tracker
(Deferred): we need to re-examine in a later iteration, doesn't go into
the bug tracker yet

Copying from the wiki, the following are the items that we agreed should
go to the bug tracker (you'll have to generate appropriate requirement
numbers for them):

Tracker:

- The tracker will not push data to other components. Instead, other
components will request data from the tracker. This reflects a
"top-down" approach to application control.

- When requested for an update, the tracker will push data into an
internal data area from which it can be accessed by other components.
This allows for synchronization of multiple tools: a single update can
be followed by access of tracker data from multiple components, and each
component will get data that was generated at the same time point.

- The tracker state machine must be fully encapsulated and private to
the tracker base class. This makes it impossible for derived classes to
disrupt the state machine of the base class.

- State machine transitions in the tracker base class will drive actions
in the derived classes via a protected internal interface. This provides
state machine with complete control over which derived class methods are
executed.

Other:

- The toolkit will provide platform-independent access the system
real-time clock, and will provide an absolute time with millisecond
precision.

Next week we're going to be reviewing the Iteration 5 requirements, so
you won't have to worry about those ones until after the next t-con.

 - David

*
*