[IGSTK-Developers] RE: Minutes

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Fri Mar 18 05:40:15 EST 2005

Hi everyone:

Good teleconference yesterday afternoon and afterwards I had a nice dinner
and several beers so I could reflect on it all ;)

I thought the minutes by Sohan were a good start so I just added my thoughts
as comments on the Wiki below the minutes - these comments are also pasted
below my signature FYI

Please be sure to mark your calendar for the tcon next week, Thursday at 1
pm, before the Good Friday easter holiday (at least it's a U.S. holiday on
friday, I am not sure about Canada)

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group: www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS: www.washcas.org
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu

Comments by Kevin Cleary on March 18

-licensing will be changed once consulting agreement is established for
Atamai (action: Kevin Cleary)

-tracker simulator development has been postponed as Luis will get a tracker
from NDI and connect it for remote testing - David Gobbi had some
suggestions here that he will send Luis

-it was agreed as noted below that communications class should be abstracted
and separate from the tracker class

-position of tool in David's code is reported through a VTK transform

-communication with the device is handled through a C library - one for NDI
(polaris/aurora), one for flock of birds, etc (it was not clear to me if
these were separate libraries for each device)

-David explained how time stamps (in the form of an array of double
precision numbers) are used to keep track of time in his code and the use of
a helper class vtkTrackerBuffer

-it was not clear to me if the next step towards integrating the code was to
localize and pull out key portions of the code and integrate into our
tracker class or to do a partial wrapping of the code - David suggested the
code is about 10,000 lines so that seems large to me

-I also have some notes about Sohan coming up with a set of requirements
here but I need to ask Kevin Gary to clarify what this means

-Small point - was Julien in on the call? I did not hear his name.

-I thought it was a very good discussion in general and I would like to use
the combined expertise of the group to come up with a good solution here