[IGSTK-Developers] SpatialObject calibration transform

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Wed Nov 30 14:38:06 EST 2005

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the summary.  The reason that I would prefer to add the
orientation as part of the tool calibration transform is that I think we
should keep the number of coordinate transformations in IGSTK to a minimum.

Each coordinate transformation is a possible source of error.  Even
worse, if two different transformations can be used to achieve the same
result (e.g. a tool calibration transform and a spatial object
calibration transform), then both transforms can have errors that cancel
each other out.  These sorts of errors can be very hard to debug.

I think the best solution is if the ToolTipCalibration class has a
method that allows you to specify the orientation of the tool that is
being calibrated.

 - David