[IGSTK-Developers] course at SPIE next year? ... and a few other things

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Wed May 17 14:11:22 EDT 2006

Hi everyone:

A few quick points while I am waiting at the airport in Norway for the
flight to Copenhagen. I do not know if I can make the tcon tomorrow as we
may have a MICCAI program committee meeting dinner on Thursday night but I
will try (it will be 7 pm our time which may work out)

1.	We should consider doing an IGSTK tutorial at MICCAI next year. One
possibility is to make ITK a half-day in the morning and do a half-day of
IGSTK in the afternoon. Are people interested in this?

2.	Along with that it seems likely we will have to reduce the manpower
on IGSTK after August (when the current contract ends) until we hear about
the new money. But it seems like we need to find some way to continue some
level of effort to keep it alive and SPIE is the perfect venue for a
tutorial.

3.	Jon Kasperon in Norway where I just visited may be interested in
using IGSTK for their new interventional suite. I will talk to him about
working together on this.

http://www.stolav.no/stolav/for-e/index.htm

4.	We need to decide on our 18 month review meeting, where I think we
should also talk strategically about future directions with IGSTK, funding,
etc. Please let me know if you cannot make the originally scheduled date of
Tuesday May 30 in the afternoon (say 1 to 5 pm east coast time) and if not
what days that week are good for you.

The good news is that I am finding a lot of interest in IGSTK in my travels
and we need to figure out how we can sustain the effort and grow the
community.

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center:  <http://www.isis.georgetown.edu/> www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group:  <http://www.caimr.georgetown.edu/> www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS:  <http://www.washcas.org/> www.washcas.org
Email:  <mailto:cleary at georgetown.edu> cleary at georgetown.edu