[IGSTK-Developers] Re: Questions about IGSTK

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Thu Apr 5 14:23:06 EDT 2007

Kevin Gary wrote:
> I'm no tracker expert, but I am curious to know whether this behavior is
> reflected in our State Machine for this component?
>
> KG

No, this is not reflected in the state machine, no wait period till you
can start tracking. While the specs recommend a wait period, in practice
no-one actually uses the system this way (20min wait period).

In the clinical environment I observed orthopedic cases using a
commercial IGS application where the polaris was the tracking system and
once setup was complete they started to work. I'd estimate it was about
5-10min between end of setup and beginning of navigation, but not 20min.

                       Ziv

--
Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Phone: +1-202-687-7286
Fax: +1-202-784-3479
email: zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
web: http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/