[IGSTK-Developers] Section I and II draft for JDI journal

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Tue May 22 10:23:32 EDT 2007

Team,

Attached are drafts of the first ( Introduction) and second ( IGSTK software
process) sections for the JDI journal paper we are submitting next week.

The objectives of the introduction section are

- Give a general background on image guided procedures
( This section is essential since JDI is not computer assisted surgery
focused
 journal )
- Discuss use of open source software in medical applications
- Overview of the IGSTK project

The second section outlines the key components of our software process.
Version
control system, build and release management, automated testing and
documentation
and communication procedures are discussed

The next sections of the paper are
- Architecture
- Building IGSTK user community and
- Conclusion

I will send them out as soon as I have a decent draft.

Please, get back to me with your comments on these sections as soon as
you can
so that we will have everything together by mid next week.

Thanks

-Andinet

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
R&D Engineer