[IGSTK-Developers] Adding and removing vtk Widgets to the view

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Tue Oct 30 08:22:12 EDT 2007

Hi Torleif,

I think you are mixing two different concepts.  Widgets are interactor
observers.
Although they contain 3D object representations internally, they are not
3D object representation by themselves.   Take a look at their class
hierarchy

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtk3DWidget.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkAbstractWidget.html

The actor list  in the View class stores object representations not
interactor
observers.  You can only add actors to this list.

If you are interested in adding and removing a widget in your
application, you have to
do it separately. For example, invoking disable method  (SetEnabled( 0
)  ) on the widget
will remove the internal representation of the widget from the renderer..

HTH
-Andinet