[IGSTK-Developers] tracker heirarchy

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:12:30 EST 2008

Hi all,

After reviewing the Tracker/auroraTracker/polarisTracker classes I
believe the current hierarchy should be changed. Currently auroraTracker
and polarisTracker inherit from Tracker, all are complete classes with
large chunks of exactly the same code in the Aurora and Polaris classes.

I'd like to suggest that Tracker become a virtual base class. Then we
have NDIAuroraPolarisBase, a virtual base class for the two trackers
containing all the common functions. Only then do we have the
AuroraTracker and PolarisTracker which can be instantiated.

                  comments anyone?
                         Ziv

--
Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center

Phone: +1-202-687-7286
Fax: +1-202-784-3479
email: zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
web: http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/