[IGSTK-Developers] Review Tcon summary

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Fri Jan 25 03:07:15 EST 2008

> 1. GetRenderWindowInteractor() in Widget class API? Need to have
> example code to justify the need for this method call.

As mentioned in the TCON yesterday, I am using this in my ACS image
representations.
I checked imageslice2drepresentation.h/txx into the sandbox which is
the class for ACS imagerepresentations. It uses a subclass of
vtkImagePlaneWidget, (vtkImagePlaneWidget2D) that needs a
vtkRenderWindowInteractor. The class was not added to CMakeLists.txt;
it wont compile without some modification as it depends on some other
files in our application.

> 2. Move picker from Widget to View. No need to have AddObserver in
> Widget class

I will still get the pick positions, only from the View instead of
the widget, right?
I need pick events for registration and reslicing of 2D
representations of volumes.

On a sidenote, I would very much like to be able to get the
vtkProps / igstk representations from a pick event too. Do you think
it would be possible to add this functionality to the view?

Thanks,

Torleif