[Insight-developers] Policy about filter behavior

Josh Cates cates at rolle.engr.utk.edu
Tue Aug 29 12:45:59 EDT 2000

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> 2) The second question is related with the required initialization
> of the images and with the requirements for streaming
>
> Is the filter supposed to work over the Buffer,
> over the entire Image, or over a Region ?

My understanding is that the filter should be designed to work over the
Region.

A related question that I have is:  How can a filter request a larger
Region (Buffer) from its inputs (i.e. suppose an algorithm needs the whole
image as a Region).  Is this handled automatically or must it be managed
by the pipeline architect (user)?

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Dept. of Electrical Engineering