[Insight-developers] filter questions

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Nov 9 10:04:52 EST 2000

To clarify:

A filter's GenerateData() method is responsible for allocating the output pixel data.  The output
object is allocated by the pipeline mechanism but the pixel data is not allocated until
GenerateData() (i.e. GenerateData makes a call to outputPtr->Allocate()).

If you are writing a single threaded filter, then your filter provides the GenerateData() method and
is responsible for calling Allocate().

If you are writing a multithreaded filter, then your filter provides the ThreadedGenerateData()
method and the superclass object calls Allocate() automatically.

Jim