[Insight-developers] possible tcon topics

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri Oct 27 07:35:27 EDT 2000

The solution (currently) is to not use template specialization but rather put a "switch" or "if"
statement in your GenerateData() method that calls the appropriate "specialized" routine. While this
is a run-time specialization, it is called once per execution of the filter. I suspect the compiler
will optimize out the "other" cases if the switches are all based on template parameters and
typedefs.

This switch could either switch on dimension, or even switch on pixel type using the "typeid"
function.  For the later, I think the syntax is something like

if (typeid(typename TPixel::ValueType) == typeid(unsigned short))