[Insight-developers] itkImageMapper

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:18:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi Josh,

The itkImageMapper is used in 2D in the following tests
on Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms:

itkImageToImageAffineMeanSquaresGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageAffineMeanSquaresRegularStepGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageAffineNormalizedCorrelationGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageAffineNormalizedCorrelationRegularStepGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageAffinePatternIntensityRegularStepGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageTranslationMeanSquaresGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageTranslationMeanSquaresRegularStepGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageTranslationNormalizedCorrelationGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx
itkImageToImageTranslationNormalizedCorrelationRegularStepGradientDescentRegistrationTest.cxx

In fact the only registration tests in 3D are the ones using
MutualInformation. We restricted the tests to 2D in order to
reduce the execution time, in part because we are not using yet
the pyramidal approach that Lydia implemented. The multiresolution
approach should be much more efficient.

Are exceptions still being raised ?

The inputs for the mapper are just the Image and the Transform.
Each variant of the Mapper will internally instantiate a type
of interpolator. The default type is a linear interpolator.

Hope that helps,

Luis