[Insight-developers] Image Orientation

Stephen Aylward aylward@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:16:26 -0500

--------------B545F06B3767212884175C0E

Paul added in methods for going from an image index to physical space.
Right now, that transform is specified by the image origin and the point
spacing.

We need to maintain MR orientation info on one of our apps.

Can we add the ability to specify image orientation to our base image
class?  Dicom specifies orientation via a set of three vectors
indicating x, y, and z directions in physical space - or we could pass a
vnl_matrix to the image class.   It would be part of the existing image
index to physical space transform.

Perhaps we can discuss during todays tcon.

Stephen

Stephen R. Aylward, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~aylward
aylward@unc.edu
(919)966-9695