[Insight-developers] itkMatrix: Algorithms Call: 02/16/01

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:40:52 -0500

The idea is to provide itk users with a consistent-looking interface and
to increase the speed of common vector-matrix ops in itk.

So, since we have itkVector, we should have itkMatrix for a more
consistent API.

Also, because of the cost associated with converting an itkVector to a
vnlVector (a constructor is called and memory is allocated), we should
provide a few FUNCTIONS for the most common vector and matrix math that
uses the itkVector and itkMatrix classes directly.

Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~aylward
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695