[Insight-developers] Finding include and lib directories

Paul Hughett hughett@mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:43:00 -0500

Luis wrote:

> The problem is that "configure" tests for
> pthreads_create()  function to exist on

> libpthread.a    or   libpthreads.a

> and this particular function is not found on
> any of these libraries (at least in my linux box...)
> so it interprets that as the libraries not being
> there.

> About   libdl.a  that escapes to me...

I don't understand what's happening here either, but here is another
data point:  Configure apparently finds these libraries on my Linux
box (RedHat 6.2, with updates complete up to about a month ago), and
libpthread.a and libdl.a are both in the glibc-devel rpm package.

Paul Hughett