[Insight-developers] VectorContainer and MeshFilter

Luis Ibanez ibanez@cs.unc.edu
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:30:24 -0500

Brad,

I'm ok with Reserve() and Squeeze(),
because this is only called one for all
at the beginning of the Mesh filter, as
opposed to a lot of insertions of points
and resizes.

This is only to take care of the possibility
of the output mesh having a previously (larger
or smaller) allocated number of points, given
that the filter can be called several times
with modified inputs:

As far as the rest of the data is concerned,
I'm now copying the containers to data other
than the points, using Set() / Get() methods
as you suggested, so the ouput Mesh will share
this data with the input Mesh.

               +---------------+
               |  Mesh filter  |
inputMesh ---> |   Transform   |----> ouputMesh
    |          |    points     |          ^
    |          +---------------+          |
    |                                     |
    +-----------> shared data ------------+
               ( cells, links...)

If you have a chance, could you please
take a look at the GenerateMethod in
itkAffineTransformMeshFilter, just to
verify that the Mesh class is used
properly,

Thanks,

Luis Ibanez
Research Assistant Professor - Division of Neurosurgery
CB# 7060, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
email : ibanez@cs.unc.edu       home  : http://www.cs.unc.edu/~ibanez
phone : (919)-843-9961          fax   : (919)-966-6627