[Insight-developers] Build Error @CMAKE_AR_ARGS@

Jisung Kim bahrahm@yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have my CMake directory under the /usr/local
directory and I ran cvs update -dPA in the /usr/local
directory.

Here is the procedure I took:

1. updated the CMake
2. ran the configure script (./configure)
3. ran make at the top of CMake directory
4. copied the new cmake.exe to /usr/local/bin
directory.
5. changed directory to cygwin binary directory.
6. deleted CMakeCache.txt and CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
7. ran cmake "Insight source directory"
I got the following error message in this step:

  cmake: creating : /cygdrive/e/itk/cygwin/Makefile
  CMake Error: Invalid escape sequence \S
  in argument
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dart\InstallPath]

8. ran make rebuild_cache.
9. looked at the CMakeSystemConfig.cmake and
CMakeCache.txt. No cached value or related definition
in neither of the files.

Now, I got the above error message when I run make
instead of ar's error message.

And the configure.in file in the CMake source
directory has AC_SUBST(CMAKE_AR) and
AC_SUBST(CMAKE_AR_ARGS) definitions.

Was my procedure incorrect? (I tried the same
procedure after updating Insight)

Thank you,

=====