[Insight-developers] template depth limit

Luis Ibanez ibanez@choroid.cs.unc.edu
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

As long as it is possible to get it compiling
in all our platforms it seems to be an acceptable
solution, in the same way that we have incresed the limit
for the stack in VC++ for example; but if some of the
compilers has a definite limit in depth we'll have to
look for another implementation.

On the other hand, it is certain that we are paying a
high price in compilation time a cause of the templates
and the need for them is less clear at the high level of
the hierarchies. It is always healthy to reconsider the
design.

Luis

-----